Monday 6 October 2008

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...

Okay, sorry I haven't posted in a week but we've been busy. On Tuesday of last week, my trusty ticker from the local real estate website alerted me to a new house for lease on the market that met our criteria. (Whew. Bad grammar I know.) So, I went to see it Tuesday with Charlie (home sick from school) and then took Scott back on Wednesday. This was it, the one. I know, your saying...your just leasing. But anyway, we told the realtor to start the paperwork. Side note, when I viewed on Tuesday and we both viewed on Wednesday, we met the owner and also saw his house around the corner because as he said, "he just needed to get one rented so which one did we prefer?" So we've been busy figuring out how to make it all work and get in it before the end of the month.

This said house was as my friend Yvonne says, "straight off the box of chocolates" cute. Storybook Scottish charm on the outside. Massive mature gardens front and back. Garage and outdoor storage room. Greenhouse. Completely renovated inside (no one has even lived in it since work was completed), and the location was just right.

Well, you know when something seems too good to be true? I filled out all the necessary papers then waited. And waited. Then finally phoned this morning first thing. Left message. When I arrived home from Body Combat, the realtor called to say he had some bad news. The owner's girlfriend decided she wanted to live in it. What? Whachu talkin bout willis?? Your kidding right? Because, I've placed all my furniture (in my head) and we've told the kids. We know better.

So one more big lesson learned in life for the Nicols. God's perfect timing, is not always your own timing. And don't say anything about the kitten until the lease is signed!

No comments: