Oh but the joy of taking time to play in God's beautiful creation! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Monday, 1 March 2010
While we were in the USA for the holidays, Glasgow had TONS of snow and cold weather. Like really cold we heard. Burst your pipes COLD. We've had snow off and on this winter and one morning in January, we woke to a beautiful covering in the garden. I was afraid that it would be gone by the afternoon so we built our snowman before school. And thank goodness we did, he was a pile of accessories by 4pm!
We were blessed to spend 5 days at Disney World on our way home from Texas/Louisiana. Mims and Gramps came along for the ride and man did we have fun. We are not the "see everything, do everything in the park" kind of visitors but rather wanderers. We rented a house which gave us a little more space and allowed us to eat more meals away from the parks. Because you can only eat so much Disney Food. The weather was unusually cold, so we just took each day as it came.
Here are our Top Ten Memories from the trip:
10. Buzz Lightyear Ride at Magic Kingdom and Toy Story ride at Hollywood
9. Playing football (American and European) with Gramps in the field behind the house
8. Tea Cup ride at Magic Kingdom with Dad
7. It's a Small World Ride with everyone
6. Meeting every character spotted everywhere and getting their signatures (C & C)
5. Tower of Terror (maybe not the scary bits at the beginning but certainly the actual ride)
4. Star Wars Ride at Hollywood with everyone (and the Jedi Academy for Ethan and Charlie)
3. The Stunt Show at Hollywood
3. Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom
2. Rockin Roller Coaster at Hollywood
1. Experiencing the "Magic" with 3 precious little boys
Charlie is back to school today after 2 weeks off. The boys had a February mid-term break and then he caught Chicken Pox. And a bacterial infection to boot. Poor kid did not want to go back to school today.
Anyway, my point in telling you this is because not that we are "back to a normal schedule", I am back at the Apple store for my Personal Project time. When Scott bought me this little beauty of a computer for Christmas, he bought a one year subscription to Apple One on One. That means that I can come to this fabulous store for all sorts of training and One to One time with Apple wizards. I am learning lots and it's nice to have this "office" to come to so that I can learn. I love it. My boys think I am a GEEK!
Off to sort my photos...more to come soon from our trip to the States!