Sunday 7 June 2009

Cricket - Not the chirpping kind!

Another new sport coming your way. My brain is overwhelmed with all of the sporting rules we've learned in the last 18 months. Rugby. I can almost follow along. Fencing, I'm getting there. International tournament today helped. Cricket. I have no idea.



I've had the chance to see Ethan at cricket practice but I really know nothing about the sport. I really do not understand it. Most of my friends say they've been watching for years and they still don't understand it.



When we first moved here, we thought Ethan would love it since we thought it was similar to baseball and he LOVES baseball. He was frustrated by it last year. Maybe his brain was in new sporting rules overload. This year however, he's really enjoying it. He's required to play it at school in the rugby off season so I am thankful he likes it more now.


Last weekend, Scott went to watch a match and he loved learning the rules and basking in the Scotland Summer Sunshine! Maybe by the time Charlie is playing, I know the rules to this one too!


Here are a few pictures of Ethan bowling and batting:





No comments: