Sunday 19 July 2009

All Things Scottish

We feel so blessed to live in this beautiful country and when friends and family come to visit, it's always tough to choose what to see and do. This is what we chose this weekend......






Scott, Janice, Davis, Ethan, and Christopher spent Friday at the British Open. As many may know, it is being held at the beautiful Turnberry Course on the West Coast of Scotland. Janice said she could think of nothing more Scottish then watching the Open! We had good weather on Friday and they spent the day watching the golfers and enjoying the views. The boys were thrilled to get a close view of Tiger Woods but were a little disappointed that they could not take their cameras or phones to get his photograph.

Ashleigh, Charlie and I spent the day cooking and shopping and then Ashleigh went out "clubbing" with one of our friend's daughters. It was so surreal for me to take them to the club and drop them off (at 10pm) only to watch them head over to the bouncer and then into the club! I waited up for her and loved hearing about her night when she returned home. She was beaming. (I'm kicking myself for not taking their photograph before I dropped them off!)


Then Saturday, Scott took the whole crew to Edinburgh Castle for the day. They had fun and it truly is something you must see while in Scotland. (I was hosting a Sip and See for my friend Pippa so I missed the fun, but enjoyed the day with friends and with baby Harry.)


















Last night, Gemma (our beloved babysitter) took the 4 boys to the cinema while Ashleigh went out to dinner with another friend and Janice, Scott and I went to a dinner party. Fun times were had by all and we are having a relaxing day today.

Scott's just headed to the airport with Janice (we tried to talk her into to staying) and everyone else is still asleep. Happy weekend to you all!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi, Gwen,
I always love your photos and comments. We are still hoping to come to Scotland and Ireland next spring. I think we will fly to Edinburgh for a few days and then on to Dublin for a few. We are just beginning to get ideas about what to see. Can you help me? (no rush, obviously!)
Linda